First, open the metadata catalog of a space:
1. Select the space you want to manage.
2. Click Manage → This Space in the right-hand sidebar. The Manage Space modal will open.
3. Click Metadata Catalog in the Actions box on the right-hand side of the modal. The Metadata Catalog for this space will open.
Step-by-step: Create a new metadata field
1. Choose the Fields tab of the metadata catalog modal.
2. Click Add a Field. A New Field modal will open.
3. Edit the field settings:
|Field Settings Explained|
|Field name||The field name tells users about the metadata they should enter in this field. Eg. ‘Sales Keywords or ‘Expiry Date’.|
Choose the display format for this field.
Format options are Date, Date & Time, Text, Dropdown, Keywords and Tree.
Examples of these can be seen at page: About metadata fields.
|Metadata key name|
If this this does not autofill, enter a short string of characters to identify this field.
Third party API integrations will require this value.
To map this field to XMP standards, enter a Chorus XMP Tag here.
For a full list, see page: Map metadata fields to XMP standards.
To map this field to Exif (Exchangeable image file format) standards, enter an Exif tag here.
Eg. ImageWidth, Make, Model, Compression.
|General Search settings||Allow or disallow this field to be searched in a global search.|
|Advanced (Refined) Search settings||Allow or disallow this field to be searched in a refined search.|
|Facets settings||Allow or disallow this field to be included for browsing with facets in search results.|
|Field Types Supported||This metadata field will be made available on files of this type.|
4. Click Save.
5. If this field offers a controlled vocabulary, a Vocabulary button will appear.
See About: Controlled vocabularies for more.
Step-by-step: Edit an existing metadata field
1. Choose the Panels tab of the metadata catalog.
2. Click the triangle symbol at the left-hand side of the panel which houses the field you want to edit. The panel's fields and options will appear.
3. To change a field: Click Edit in the top left-hand side of the modal, or double-click on the field. An edit field modal will open.
4. To remove a field from a panel, select the field and click Delete (trashcan) in the top right-hand side of the modal.
5. Click Save. The form is saved.
More on managing metadata fields:
You are here: