How is this managed?
- Each of the fields listed above has its own vocabulary; a dictionary of words approved for use in that field.
- Vocabularies are created and edited in the metadata catalogs for each space or for the site: wherever a field is created that requires a controlled vocabulary.
Step-by-step: Edit a field's controlled vocabulary
1. Open the metadata catalog you want to manage or administrate. Then, click on "Metadata Catalog" on the right under "Actions".
2. Go to the field tab. Double-click on a the field you want to edit.
3. If this field has a vocabulary, a Vocabulary button will appear in the Actions box of this modal.
Click Vocabulary. A Vocabulary Editor will open.
Step-by-step: Edit a keyword vocabulary
To add a keyword to the vocabulary:
1. Enter a keyword in the 'Enter a keyword' field.
2. Press Return on your keyboard or click Add to add the keyword to the table.
To delete a keyword from the vocabulary:
3. Click the X beside the keyword.
To manage unrecognized words as a batch, use the Actions box:
|Actions for Unrecognized Keywords|
|Clear All||Click to delete all existing keywords in the vocabulary.|
|Replace||Select existing keywords for replacement with unrecognized additions.|
|Extend||Approve all unknown keywords as a batch, and add these to the vocabulary.|
Step-by-step: Edit a tree vocabulary
1. Enter a keyword in the 'Enter a keyword' field to form the roots of your keyword tree.
2. Press Return on your keyboard or click Add to add the keyword to the tree.
The keyword will appear in a column as one branch of your tree.
Repeat this action to create the main branches of your tree.
3. Select one branch and Add another keyword to create a sub-branch beneath it.
4. Use plus and minus symbols to open and close your view of the tree and its branches.
5. Select and drag branches to rearrange the tree hierarchy.
Click Save after any change to the vocabulary.