Video Management Software explained
Why do I need Video Management software?
Video content is a valuable asset. To capitalise on its value, the storing, moving, editing and repurposing of your files and clips - in any format - must be a smooth and accessible process.
Video Management software – a form of ‘Digital Asset Management’ (DAM) or ‘Media Asset Management’ (MAM) – is designed to make light work of handling your video files.
There are many reasons to look for software to manage your video assets. You might want to:
- Ingest, import or upload multiple files fast and automatically.
- Find, send and share large video files easily.
- Edit your clips simply, without a technical editing suite.
- Avoid duplication and keep master video files intact.
- Keep credits, maps, permissions, captions, and notes attached to your video assets.
- Track the use and history of your clips.
Software for Video Management is designed to take unnecessary waiting and reworking out of your workflow – putting creativity and innovation back on the table.
What can Video Management software do for my business?
Whether you’re a professional post-production team, a marketing or communications department, or a brand that relies on media content across many platforms, the right Video Management solution can lift your efficiency and productivity to a new level.
The use of Video management software can save editing time by avoiding using complex desktop software, and cuts the investment needed to run powerful video-ready computers throughout your organisation.
With self-explanatory, simple editing tools that are accessible to all team members, cropping and editing your videos becomes a task you can share without needing to rely on specialist desktop software or overstretched team members. Adopting smart software for your Video Management also means you can:
- Enjoy high-quality playback and thumbnail previews.
- Extract frames, add markers, or tag and download ranges.
- Manage your videos automatically and in batches.
- Convert content into any file format, ready for web, mobile or social channels.
- Collaborate across the globe on any desktop or mobile device.
- Store all your video assets in one place - in-house or securely in the cloud
How can Third Light’s Video Management software fit my needs?
Third Light is a specialist in Video and Media Management. Its IMS (Intelligent Media Server) with Video Editing Module is designed to adopt the personality of your projects and workflows:
- Third Light IMS can integrate into your fileserver, your intranet, your social media platforms, your WordPress, Drupal, Sharepoint or any other Content Management System (CMS).
- It works alongside your applications, including the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Its free desktop accessories and plugins mean you can continue to work in familiar ways.
- It comes with personal and ongoing support for set-up, tailoring, and user training.
The organisations that use Third Light software for their Video Management are diverse. Our three software packages – Standard, Premium, and Enterprise – are enjoyed by thousands of users around the world; from small creative agencies, universities and museums, to blue-chip corporations and multinational brands.
Third Light software makes video management a snap. Talk to us today.
Frequently Asked Questions about software for Video Management
- Does DAM or MAM software cater to video?
- What are the benefits of Video Management Software?
- What should Video Management Software cost?